mercoledì 23 luglio 2014

Jens Lekman - At the Department of Forgotten Songs (2005)



I recently found thelast copy of this bizarre EP. I guess the artwork was more interesting than the music but this song is kinda nice. an exception from the other instrumental tracks. some of the lyrics later resurfaced in "Rocky Dennis Farewellsong". 18 (sketch for unfinished song) i met a girl when i was in Prague and i wanted to see her again but she never called me. so i thought since my songs were played all the time on radio i'd write a song about her and make it a hit so it'd be played every day. that way she would probably hear it and know how i felt about her. but then i found out she had a boyfriend so i never finished the song. 19 (orchestral version) (album outtake) i was working on this a long time for the album but eventually just invited a friend over , opened the windows and sang it acapella. i just never got it right and it would've cost us a fortune to clear the samples. i would've had to sell my little sister to medical experiments

01 Past, present and future
02 Are birthday happy
03 F-word
04 Boisa-bis o-boisa
05 Rec (at Saltholmen)
06 Do impossible things
07 Draw a dinosaur for me
08 Be good
09 I'm looking for a girl
10 Do you remember the riots
11 The wrong hands
12 At the department of the forgotten songs
13 Pretty shoes
14 Procket full of money

Download

1 commento: